Thursday, May 27, 2010

Get Out of My Dreams - Get Into My Car

Last weekend Nicholai and I welcomed a new member into our family: A Prius.

 Introducing Gandalf the Grey

After many unsuccessful weeks of looking for both a good car and a good car loan, my mother called me one day and said her co-worker was looking to sell her recently deceased uncle's car, a 2005 Prius with a silly little number of miles on it. The price offered to us was obviously generous - too generous, even - and we pounced on the deal.

On Saturday, May 22, Nicholai and I went to pick him up in Tacoma at a produce stand. One test drive was all it took - I was in love. It looks like a spaceship inside!  We christened the car Gandalf and this weekend we are going on our first road trip (destination unknown - thankfully it came with a GPS system).

Nicholai and I look forward to many years of low gas mileage and smugness. 

p.s. To all my friends who let me bum rides off of them for the last decade, please let me know how and when I can repay you and your generosity.

No comments: